Monday 4 January 2010

Everything but the Kitchen Sink!


That's what Appletree Cottage has NOT got - everything but the kitchen sink, because I have just bought one from Ebay. I had really wanted a lovely freestanding butler unit, but having monitored prices for sometime, realised that mini dream wasn't going to be honoured. So, 1950s kitsch is where it's at! With double ceramic drainer, 'rustic' wood cupboards (that will no doubt change colour over the years ahead) and lovely old taps - how could I resist for a modest £40 (£50 delivery) .


What do you think? I'm going for a bright, airy 1950's free standing look, not only because I like the idea, but because funds only allow for it. It needs re-enamelling, but I should be able to do that....right? Which reminds me - can anyone help me find blue & white chequered vinyl flooring (the cheapy roll kid)? I'm finding it (or not) IMPOSSIBLE!!!

So one thing ticked off the list - just need to brush up on my plumbing skills.

TTFN

Fleur
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Looks pretty fab to me, lots of potential there! Sounds like it will all look really good :)

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how you progress. I love the sink and cupboards, what a great price.

    maureen

    ReplyDelete